Your career at AstraZeneca Switzerland - Become part of our team
Our team includes 120 employees who are responsible for coordinating business activities in Switzerland in the areas of Medical, Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Finance & Business Support and Human Resources. Our location in Baar is furthermore the regional headquarters of the "Oncology", "Biopharma" and "International" divisions, for which 60 additional employees work in Switzerland. We all share the same passion: we want to contribute significantly to improving the health of numerous patients. In doing so, we value enthusiasm, a "can do" attitude, diversity, team spirit, high ethical standards and continuous personal development. What matters to us is that we act, but also how we act. In addition, we are working tirelessly to achieve our sustainability goals and to be CO2-neutral by 2025.
Do you feel inspired? Get to know us and accompany us on our way!
AstraZeneca Switzerland in Figures
in Switzerland, since 2018 in the new office facility in Baar
including 60 in regional roles
in 2021 we were awarded "Great place to work" for the fourth time in a row
of our senior roles are filled by women
medicines on the Swiss market
6 major approvals
in 2018, incl. 1st approval in Europe for new immuno-oncology medicine in lung cancer
We are proud to be certified as “Great place to work” again!
In 2021 AstraZeneca Switzerland has been certified as “Great Place to work” for the fourth time in a row. The label is based on a survey of the company's employees.
- 97% of employees say: "When you join the organisation, you are made to feel welcome."
- 94% say "I feel I make a difference here."
- 92% of employees agreed with the statement," Taking everything into account, I would say this is a great place to work."
What makes AstraZeneca Switzerland a «Great Place to Work»
- Trust-based workplace culture where our employees feel valued and empowered
- Diversity: 59% women, 41% men
- International flair in a modern work environment: employees from over 20 nations, company language: English
- Innovation and team spirit to fulfil the company's mission to improve people's health through life-changing medicines
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work in home office and in the office
- Individual development plans and employee advancement through leadership, mentoring and management programs
- Our sustainability strategy: zero CO2 emissions by 2025
- Support of the communities in which we work through employee volunteering
- Contributions to public transport, fitness and other health benefits
- and much more...
We are convinced that an inclusive workplace culture makes the difference to a company's success. That's why we strive to create an environment where our employees feel valued and empowered, an environment based on trust. We are very proud that our employees consider AstraZeneca Switzerland to be a great place to work.
Why AstraZeneca Switzerland
We live a collaborative and integrative culture that is characterized by feedback and coaching. We offer modern working conditions in an exciting work environment. These include besides others a new paternity leave program and the opportunity to volunteer in various social areas during working hours.
We are convinced that each of us has potential for development. In which areas would you like to improve?
We promote your personal development through new tasks and systematic training and leadership.
Our employees say:
- "Interesting, versatile job."
- "We work very professionally."
- "The people!"
- “We have high ethical standards.”